Pro For A Day
Pro For A Day is a time and material situation we can provide our customers. We like to think of it as a unique system we originally came up with to serve two purposes.
- To enable customers to get more work done at an affordable rate. The theory was, you can hire us to paint all of the wood work in your home with a fresh coat, when sometimes it actually didn’t need that. The home may have actually just needed one wall patched and repainted.
- To have one of our professional painters for a day (hence the term Pro for a day) come in, and methodically check all the woodwork in the home. We start in one room and work our way through the entire interior & exterior home:
- Checking the caulking and redoing it as needed.
- Repainting small areas of scuff marks, sometimes the entire board.
- Repainting entire stairways where the skirts and risers often become separated and scuffed.
- Checking the exterior for any wood damage from either woodpeckers or rot and fixing it.
- Hand cleaning areas of the exterior as needed and repainting to help extend the life of the homes paint job (so instead of repainting your entire home every 7 to 10 years, we can often extend it even further with just a little preventive maintenance and attention to detail during our touch up).
This program doesn’t work all the time, but in certain situations it can save customers a lot of money! The program is very flexible, and some are hesitant at first as they have great uncertainty on how much work can be done in a day. This program can be used to paint entire homes, apartments, condo complexes, and even commercial businesses. Many of our customers will call us back years after we have completed the project to simply go around and check the house using the Pro for a day program. Jeff, The President of One Stop Painting says, “One of my favorite stories is of the wife who started painting their bathroom only to call us early in the morning in distress. We were able to rush over and complete the painting for her, before her husband came home allowing her to take full credit!” One Stop can also come in after other painters have completed the project just to go over the final details and clean everything up if necessary (this happens more than one would expect). Often time’s customers will email a list of what they would like done. Other times we will come out to review the project and provide options!