First we start with the washing of the house! A clean surface is the basis for any lasting paint coating system. We use a combination of low pressure and high pressure depending upon the surface and its conditions. Lower pressure of course will not remove paint as easily as higher pressure, so we may use low to clean claps free of dirt and mildew if we are not painting them. We also prefer low to clean and restore decks and siding as it offers a safer way to clean with out damaging. We design our washing based on each project and its needs, often using multiple cleaners and pressures based on the surfaces to clean and the coatings we are to apply. We then allow proper time to dry and when in doubt we check with our meters, specifically created to test for moisture in our substrates.
- Once clean and dry, all areas of loose paint or coatings should be scraped and sanded. Extra sanding and smoothing can be performed for cosmetic considerations (feather or strip) if you would like. Please let us know if you desire extra sanding or preparation other than standard to be performed so we may price and perform as you would like.
- All loose nails are re-nailed, and older loose caulking is removed as needed.We putty all nails and caulk all seams on trim as needed to seal unsightly gaps and prevent moisture penetration; seams on claps are caulked as well for same reasons.
- Some older windows will require us to remove loose glazing and re-glaze as needed. Downspouts are also removed to properly paint all corners.
- We prime for specific reasons as well. Most of our high end coating systems are actually self priming! We prime to retard knots from bleeding, retard tannin or cedar bleeding, or increase adhesion. There are many different reasons to prime and many primers to choose from. We identify each areas needs and prime accordingly!
- We can remove and replace rotted wood. We will advise on damaged wood as we come across it!
These are some of the specific areas of prep we address; there are many things that go into a quality One Stop job. It includes properly covering areas of the yard and home during our work, cleaning the area on a daily basis, and treating your home as if it were our own. We are as unobtrusive as possible. We frown upon inappropriate language and loud music, and smoking is allowed only at the company vehicle, not around your home! We know there are many choices in life, which is why we work hard to be the best choice when it comes to painting. We are your One Stop for Quality, for all your painting needs!
Beautiful restoration in North Plymouth
The Carver library, the paint still looks great 15 years later! With an emphasis on quality preparation, you can expect our work to last longer than many others.
Giving Buzzards Bay landmark restaurant "Mezza luna" A wash and a freshening of the paint job for their busy summer season
Reproduction of 1800′s farm house, located in Sandwich, Mass.
New home for one of the “Big Bad Boston Bruins” as seen from lift 50 ft. up! (We prefer to be safe while painting difficult areas)
Restoration project across Jordan Hospital in Plymouth – Before
Finished – House was shown in several magazines as owner of home is noted for his restorative work
Front shot of local rock legend’s home (Joey Kramer, Aerosmith) located on South Shore
Back of Joey Kramer's home on the South Shore.
Duxbury Residential Job
Victorian reproduction house built by Charles Silva
Working on the Gurnet Lighthouse in Plymouth
Nearly finished with a fresh paint job
Example of exterior preparation
Barn Door before restoration
Barn Door after
Sealing cedar shake siding